Pre-Visit Paperwork & Fees
Choosing Classes and Programs
- Please note the appropriate grade level when choosing your classes and programs.
- LASM’s classes and programs for school groups are aligned with current state educational standards, benchmarks, and grade-level expectations.
- GLEs and related educational activities are located online with the description of each class or program.
Completing the Reservation Request Form
Always review the following information on your Reservation Request Form:
- The three possible dates and times for your class’ visit.
- The educational programs that you have selected, including Gallery Experiences.
- The total number of participating students, teachers, and chaperones.
Sending the Reservation Request Form to LASM
LASM will accept Reservation Request Forms beginning August 2
. Classes and programs begin on August 16
. Send your form in one of three ways:
We cannot accept reservation requests via telephone. We cannot hold dates or times without a Reservation Request Form.
- Online: www.lasm.org/booknow
- Mail: LASM, 100 River Rd S, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- FAX: 225-214-1445
If, however, you would like to check the availability of a date, have questions about the programming, or want to make changes to an existing Reservation Request Form, please call 225-344-5272, ext. 142.
How LASM Confirms Your Visit
After receiving your Reservation Request Form, LASM will send you:
- A confirmation form stating the date, time, and schedule of your visit (subject to change), cost per person, and deposit information.
- A map with driving and parking directions.
Please allow three business days to receive your confirmation. If you have not received your confirmation two weeks prior to your trip, contact LASM immediately at 225-344-5272, ext. 142.
- The confirmation will state the date your deposit is due.
- Deposits are nonrefundable.
- Failure to pay the deposit or to return the signed confirmation form by the deposit due date may result in the cancellation of your reservation.
Balance of Payment
- Please include all chaperone and student fees in the final payment, which you make on the day of your visit (final payment = total cost minus deposit). Checks, cash, and credit cards are all accepted.
- Refunds for overpayments will be mailed to your school minus a $15 processing fee.
- LASM requires one chaperone for every 10 students.
- Chaperones must pay the school in advance
1) to shorten the check-in process,
2) to obtain a reserved space in each program,
3) to receive the school group rate.
- Teachers are responsible for reserving the correct number of spaces for chaperones. We cannot guarantee space for more chaperones than the number you submit on the Reservation Request Form.
Cancellations and No-Shows
- You may reschedule or cancel your visit two weeks prior to the scheduled date. If you cancel later, or if you do not show up for your scheduled program, LASM reserves the right to bill you for the total balance.
- Cancellations are not accepted over the phone. Please cancel only by FAX or e-mail. LASM will send a written acknowledgment of the cancellation.